Friday, November 21, 2008

No Bake Cookies

Okay, here it is. My first foray into the world of food blogging. Yesterday was my 9th wedding anniversary (where did the time go??) and my hubby’s fave treats are these No Bake Cookies. The recipe is from my mom-in-law. My daughter, Jenna, entered them into the county fair this summer and she won the blue ribbon for them! Yeah, Jenna!
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do…

INGREDIENTS
2 cups sugar
1 stick margarine
3 Tbsp cocoa
½ c milk
½ peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oats ( I suggest the Quick Cooking Oats)

DIRECTIONS
Mix sugar, cocoa, and margarine with milk and boil for one minute, stirring all the time. Remove from heat; add peanut butter, oats, and vanilla flavoring. Have wax paper (or buttered aluminum foil) ready and drop onto paper with teaspoon.

I use a heavy bottomed saucepan rather than a regular saucepan for this recipe. It just seems to work better. I let the cookies set up for at least 30 minutes but you can do longer or shorter depending on how soft or firm you like them.

This recipe makes approximately 30 cookies.









Happy Anniversary, Honey!!

2 comments:

Maci said...

I put these on mine =)

Maci said...

Hey I tagged you in a survey to do in my 101 things in 1001 days blog! =) Just copy and paste and do!