Thursday, January 8, 2009

Slow Cooker Barbecue

I warned you that I am a big fan of the slow cooker and so is my family! It is a saving grace for work days and provides a great way to serve your family a great meal with little time to prepare. And I've really found that the slow cooker really makes the meat tender and juicy. I like to use it even on days that I am home just for that reason. I make this for the boys in the house because they love it. You can also substitute the beef for chicken or pork and have the same great results. If you use pork, you may have to modify the length of cooking time. Serve on hoagies and add a side dish for a satifying meal. I found this recipe, submitted by Brandy, on AllRecipes.com. I absolutely love that website for new recipes and ideas.

Ingredients:

1- 3 lb. boneless chuck roast
1 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
1 tsp. onion powder (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1- 18 oz bottle barbecue sauce (I prefer Kraft Hickory Smoked)


Directions:


Place roast into slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic powder and onion powder, and season with salt and pepper. Pour bbq sauce over meat. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.


Remove meat from slow cooker, shred, and return to slow cooker. Cook for 30 min.-1 hour more. Serve hot.

1 comment:

mindy said...

I have found that you can shred beef in crock pot with the criss cross action with two forks!